Friday, September 08, 2006

Angels do exist and, miracles. This morning I met an angel and, a miracle happened.

The angel……

No it wasn’t his wings or his halo that gave him away. And he wasn’t sitting on a cloud. He appeared in a green noisy vehicle we humans call an auto. And he looked pretty ordinary, no angelic glow on his face, just the face that would merge in a crowd.

Ok so the angel was the auto-driver I met this morning.

The miracle………..

The background
It is usually quite a pain to take the auto in the morning, especially if you are in a hurry.
If the auto-wallas realize that for you reaching office is a matter of life and, death, they quote their prices as if in an auction. So your morning usually gets ruined by the bickering over the fare and, you end up reaching the office with flaring nostrils.

The miracle… contd

Today I was late, very late and geared up to face a number of auto-wallas with ridiculous prices on their lips. The first one refused point blank and, speeded away. The second one, looked at me then far away in the distance, like some great thinker and, went of too.

And then.

This ordinary looking auto came chugging along. It stopped right in front of me.
He (the angel) asked me, where I wanted to go. I told him. He then asked me how much I would pay him. I quoted my price with trepidation, with one eye on the fast ticking cell-phone clock.

Me: 50 bucks
He: (after a momets pause, in which no doubt his angelic spirit within awoke)
40 bucks
Me: (flabbergasted, shell-shocked, gobsmaked…..I think you get the idea.)

That was the moment, I knew, a miracle had happened to me.

I tried to keep the whirl of emotions in my mind under control and, nodded my head and, sat down in the auto.

The End

p.s. What else? No, we did not sail away into the sunset. As if!
I reached the office, safe and sound. Obviously, how else would I type this tale!

4 comments:

VarmasKarma said...

would have loved a sailing away in the sunset type ending :D

neeraj said...

well...I dont understand why would he drove you in forty bucks instead of ur proposed price i.e 50.
Wat do u think why he did this or wat intentions did he has while doing this???

Narkissos' reflection said...

thats really stupendous out of the blue.he was surely not an autowallah on regular basis.

ava said...

as fer questioning him hey Im the one in profit its so inexplicable that is y its a miracle