Saturday, September 09, 2006

free verse........

The shrads of my broken heart
Push against my veins
Making them bleed
Drops of blood
Fill my pool of sorrow

Every blow destroys
A peice of my heart

Happiness is the elusive dream
I chase
It soars too high
Beyond my reach

I am a child of sorrow
Cursed into smiling, cursed into lying
Cursed into deceiving the world
Being what I am not

I would like to reach out
But I am too afraid
Who to trust?
Who to trust
With the broken shrads
I call my heart

Friends dont panic, n foes dont celebrate
I dont remember when I wrote this
And I think that speaks for itself

1 comment:

Narkissos' reflection said...

Dear lady ... u write really well !! and hey ur poem is something that defines the introspection we all go into at several moments of our life not only u .
As lord krishna says " mix ur soul into me and i shall take care of u hereafter" so is our soul suffering from the shackles of loaned practicality. As Haanah Arndt points out "banality of the evil" .so is the hypocrisy of human mind that on one hand we strive for evrything that has power prestige and pride in it, while on the other side our inner self bleeds at being cabined , cribbed and confined in the dungeon of our own self made ambitions.
I agree with u completely maa'm.well written.