Monday, September 29, 2008

Pre-Central Park Blasts.....

The sky is a light blue with wisps of clouds making interesting shapes. The grass is a juicy green. Sheryl Crow is blasting in my ears. The Sun is just giving light and sparing us the heat. Nope, it isn't heaven, its just a cosy Saturday evening in Central Park. And I'm here, killing time by scribbling a few words.

All around me are people, walking around in the odd one and, the more common two's and threes. Then there is the solitary masked man, maybe he will put up a show . Oh there is Sting in my ears now. A Jap tourist passes by a curly haired italiano with a Lama trudging in the background. Meanwhile an ant is busy exploring my feet. A noisy family plonks itself next to me. Who says that if you are alone you have got to be lonely?

I think that central Park is a great idea. In one of the busiest commercial districts of the city, this is one place where you can slow down, sit on the grass and look around. Discuss the shapes of the clouds above. A place that just lets you be. Yup, I am in a good mood.

No comments: